Thursday, December 4, 2014

The kitchen dream

Stella and I got the kitchen plans over to Lowes today to see what they come up with. This is what we are dreaming of when we think kitchen in the little house on center street. Sans the arched kitchen windows, the ceiling isn't tall enough. I wanted 4 foot windows, Roger wanted 2 foot ones. We compromised at 3 foot ones. And they were a booger to frame. Like I know, because Roger did it all, but I grimaced when I saw what he had to do to make space in that wall. But it will all be worth it. It will, right Roger?

This is the East wall, won't that glorious morning sun be divine through the new windows? Not that I'm ever up that time of day, but I hear that morning light is the best.You can see in the picture with the stove where Roger had to pull out the brick, layers of wallpaper (more about that later) plaster, sheetrock, corkboard etc etc etc. I was gone that day or I totally would have helped. It was done when I got home. That guy does not know how to stop once he gets going. Did I say that those windows are going to be so lovely? All three of them.

By the way, if you know anybody who'd like a wood burning stove send them our way. There's a fan in it and for a potbellied shaped little cooker its not to bad looking... but she's got to go. And this is what will be in her place. What an upgrade.



No comments:

Post a Comment