Thursday, December 4, 2014

All sorts of fun things

We've found all sorts of fun things while demolishing the little house on center street. They used lots of newspapers in many different ways, as insulation, floor lining, wallpaper you name it. We found a piece of a box that held dog, cat and fox food. I didn't even know they made fox food. Were they pets, or did you just put it on the back porch to feed wandering homeless foxes? We have racoons that eat cat food but I don't think I've ever seen a fox around here.

But the very best was when we found the strips of paper that had little sentences written on them. I'm pretty sure that they were written by Dave's mom when she was helping the grand kids learn to read. I think I recognize her handwriting. Very tender.


The most recent newspapers were from 1989 and the oldest, that I've looked at - they're all just sitting in a pile waiting for attention - was from 1947. It had a front page article about the Nipponese. I didn't even know that you could use that word let alone print it in the newspaper. And even colored comics, very nice.

Anybody know how to flatten out old wobbed up newspaper? I'm thinking that a craft project could come out of these finds.

No comments:

Post a Comment