Sunday, December 14, 2014

November 8 - time for the kitchen floor

The time had come to pull up the kitchen floor. I'm pretty sure that day I had something really important that had to be done when this point reached us. I bailed on Roger and Dave, I'm embarrassed to admit and now I can't even remember what was so earth shattering that had to be done. The first layer was ugly, it had to go. The second layer - first linoleum - Roger thought might be saved. It might be salvageable, he had some in one of his rentals that he waxes and buffs up every time a renter moves out and it has stayed beautiful through the years. Ummm, well, this became one of those negotiation points. After a bit of give and take, me doing most of the taking, I got my way and it went. What a baby I am. I didn't even pull it up after saying that we weren't going to keep it. 

It may have been beautiful to the original owner who put it in, but I just wasn't seeing it. That stuff really stuck to the floorboards. It came up in huge chunks that had to be hauled out and dumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment