Thursday, December 4, 2014

The electrician

So I have to admit that I probably have the cutest electrician on the block working on this project. It was a little scary in the beginning, wires that lead to nowhere, toggle switches that were being used for light switches, and oh my goodness the old fuses that were being used in the breaker box. I'm not even sure if you can buy those anymore.

After Dave made sure that all of the random wires were capped off he went to work. (It is a miracle that this house didn't burn down years ago) Now Andi will be able to use her blow dryer, the dishwasher and the kids can be watching tv all at the same time. Isn't indoor plumbing and electricity the greatest thing ever? What a day and age we live in.

I won't get two light on the front porch, but each room will have it's own outlets (no extension cords anymore) and a real hanging on the wall switch to turn on the lights. He's even getting fancy and letting us have a switch at the bottom and the top of the stairs for those of us who watch scary movies at night. We'll be so uptown when everything is all wired.

The furnace guys came today and are ready for me to get all of the floor cleaned up so they can go to work. The windows down payment has been made...things are moving along so fast it's really getting exciting!

Go Nicole Curtis! My hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment